Donate To Barb's Half Marathon

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Journey of a 1,000 Miles Begins With A Single Step

Here it is, the middle of February, and I have just committed to walking a half marathon on May 14. And I've also committed to raising $2,000 to support research to find a cure for blood cancers, such as leukemia and lymphoma. What the heck was I thinking when I signed up for this? Wouldn't it just be easier to stay inside where it's warm and toasty, with a good book or a dull TV show?

I'm doing something - finally - that is motivating me to get off the couch, hit the roads, and grind my walking shoes into oblivion. And I am excited to do so! Right now we are still in the midst of winter here in Hailey. Spring still seems a distant remembrance from last year, and we're beginning to wonder if we'll ever really see green grass again. But the roads are melting enough so that I can get out and do a daily trek without risky a fall.

I am going to use this Blog to document my progress, both physically and financially.  I know I can't do this alone. I need your help. So please Follow Me on this blog and make comments to keep me headed down the right path, whichever trail or hike that may be.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. This is a fantastic way to break the winter duldrums. Don't forget that you can also walk miles in your own home. You may wear out the carpet but at least you won't have the risk of ice. :-D

    ReplyDelete